1. Go to the gym. Actually use that gym membership that you pay for and go get some exercise. Maybe there is a class you have been wanting to try out or (like I previously posted) you can catch a movie while you do some cardio.
2. Go shopping. This doesn't have to be clothes shopping and in fact you don't have to even buy anything. Go walk at the mall and window shop or get your weekly grocery shopping done. Rainy days are also a great time to catch up on doing errands that you normally wouldn't want to do on a sunny day.
3. Clean the house, and by clean I mean cleanse. I know that it is officially summer now, but it's never too late to do some spring cleaning. Go through your closets, garage, or attic and get rid of anything you can do without (it feels very empowering). You can donate or recycle items that you don't want any more at your local Salvation Army or church.
4. Go to a museum or exhibit. I know that the 'Body' exhibit is not currently in Albany, but I am sure there are a handful of exhibits or museum in or around the capital region that are worth checking out. One of my favorites is the Racing Museum in Saratoga.
5. Try an indoor sport. Bowling and racquet ball are both really fun sports. If the last time that you went bowling involved a school bus and permission slip then maybe it is time to revisit the bowling alley.
6. Cook something from scratch. Sometimes we just don't have enough time in the day to even throw a frozen dinner in the microwave, so why not take the chance on a rainy day to make a delicious meal complete with a salad and tasty dessert.
7. Pamper yourself. This could mean many different things. For some it might mean a full out day at the spa, but it doesn't have to be. Soak in a bath or give yourself a manicure or catch up on some rest, it's your decision.
8. Catch up with friends and family. Maybe you could host a small get together at your house. Nothing fancy, just a few people who you could enjoy a glass of wine with and chat. Talking to others can relieve stress and research has shown that talking actually makes us happier.
When all else fails make it a game day, read or do a puzzle. Sometimes it is nice to get away from the computer and TV and just hang out with friends and family (not to mention that too much time staring at a screen can be bad for our posture...see my post from a few days ago). Rainy days can be fun and memorable; you just need to use your imagination.